Fusion Buffet Grantham announces its closure
An all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant has confirmed it will close.
Fusion Buffet, which serves Nepali, Indian, Oriental and Italian dishes, will soon be closing.
The restaurant was opened in May 2021 in the former Pizza Express premises at the George Center by Nepalese brothers Manish and Ishan Acharya.
Following an inspection by the Food Standards Agency on May 13 this year, Fusion Buffet received a hygiene rating of 1, with food safety management in need of “major improvement” according to the report.
In a statement, the restaurant said: “To all of our valued customers, We are heartbroken to inform you that the Fusion Buffet Grantham will be closing soon.
“So if any of our customers would like to book in the next few days, you are very much welcomed and appreciated and those who have purchased or received gift vouchers are also welcome to book for our last days to take advantage of our services. and our food.
“We have always loved you and thank you for all of your understanding and support during this difficult time. We will let you know the exact date when it is confirmed. Thank you.”
People who have previously eaten at Fusion have already expressed their sadness on social media, with Jackie Hewitt commenting: “Such sad news that you have worked so hard to keep this beautiful place running. Your food has always been delicious.”
Another customer, Tony Hine, said: “So sorry to hear that. The St. Peter’s Hill players had two really enjoyable post-game meals with you and were looking forward to coming back.”
South Kesteven District Council’s Licensing Committee ordered the temporary suspension of the drinks license at Fusion Buffet for 10 days in March after it was claimed the business had employed illegal workers.
Manish, a former Gurkha from Nepal, said he was sorry for the mistake and that documents shown to him showed a woman had permission to work until 2023 while a second worker waited. the right documents.