Filipino fast food joint Jollibee opens tomorrow in Pinellas Park
It’s time! The first Tampa Bay Jollibee location officially opens to the public at 9 a.m. tomorrow, January 17. If the Filipino fast food known to serve Golden Chickenjoy is on his way to work, plan a different route. Are you going to set up shop at 4057 Park Blvd N. in Pinellas Park to make sure you get some early bites? Watch out for traffic jams and limited parking.
Some highlighted menu items you can look forward to including:
- Chicken sandwich: It’s crispy and tasty, consisting of a 100% hand-breaded chicken breast fillet, with a special brioche bun, garlic aioli sauce, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Cheerful Spaghetti: Contains Jollibee’s signature sweet sauce loaded with chunky slices of cured ham and hot dog.
- Palabok Festival: A traditional Filipino noodle dish topped with garlic sauce, smashed pork rind, shrimp and egg.
- burger steak: A uniquely seasoned burger patty topped with a creamy mushroom sauce.
- Mango Peach Tart: Dessert made with real mangoes from the Philippines which are world renowned for their distinct sweetness, encased in a flaky crust.
If you’re familiar with Jollibee’s opening celebrations, you know that massive crowds show up for the prizes awarded to those who are among the first in line. This grand opening will be no different. Today, 50 fans were able to get an advanced menu tasting for 50 lucky ones thanks to a social media campaign. If you haven’t had a chance to get in on the action, you can still enjoy the festivities, but you might want to call in sick for work to make it happen.
Tomorrow, Jollibee will award a year’s supply of Chickenjoy to the first 50 people in line who make a food purchase of $25 or more.
Need a little gem to commemorate this moment? Jollibee plans to award the coveted Jollibee in Special Barong Tagalog (the official national attire of the Philippines) Funko Pop! numbers to the top 50 online customers carrying the most unique banners or posters with the hashtag, #ItsOurTurn. Jollibee will award drawstring bags to the first 300 customers on opening day, then to the first 100 customers on the second and third business days, with a $25 purchase.
The opening hours of the store are from 9 am to 10 pm for the opening days.
Want to know everything about Tampa Bay’s food scene? Sign up for our Bites newsletter.